Saturday, July 3, 2010

I am...

I am a poet.
I express my thoughts in lines and verses.
My aim has always been to express and not to impress
I write not what others want to see, hear, or read
I write because it's what I want to say...
based on my present state of mind
my present state of being.

I am me
I never meant to please
nor do intend to despise or disappoint
I do not need that carpet rolled out
but please, spare me the tomatoes

It doesn't get any simpler, really
you can always look away
when what you're reading isn't a pleasure
there's better literature out there
much better

because when you're here
you can't expect anything but emotions
outpouring

it's what I am... it's what I do
it's how I existed

pouring out my thoughts and feelings
happiness... sadness... frustrations
and a lot of wishful thinking

but in whatever mood they may be
they are always sincere

this is me
this is what I am

---------------------------------------
Roy
July 4, 2010
8:57 a.m.
*written online... as is*

3 comments:

Holly Jahangiri said...

As you should always be...you. ;)

pamatayhomesick said...

"it's what I am... it's what I do
it's how I existed"

i like this line!

collegegerlz said...

I am me
I never meant to please
nor do intend to despise or disappoint
I do not need that carpet rolled out
but please, spare me the tomatoes I couldnt have said it better my self