Friday, January 7, 2011

"What's that on your face?!"

"What's that on your face?! Is that a frown?"
"Or have you just eaten a big-sized sour gum?"
Too funny, I'd say. Well, it was at the start
'til it began to prick, like a dull but stubborn dart.

If you're looking for honey, you won't find it from a cheese
some men weren't really born to please.

Try as I might, to put the smile that you want
but that dull and lousy face keeps on blocking the shots.
Should I wear a mask? Like the clown that I am
and make you all happy, and all these ridicule begone.

I really don't care, really don't give a damn
whether you say it in my face, or say it at my back
No, I won't take it against you, but I won't be obliged too
Not even if you offer me a bribe or two

Whether it's a frown or an effect of a sour gum
or it could even be a Monalisa turned upside down
but that's all I got, that's all that there is
some men weren't really meant to please.

-------------------------------------
Roy
January 7, 2011
6:59 PM
Angeles City
Philippines

No comments: