Friday, October 16, 2009

Do web directories can really affect your blog's performance?

After more than a year of blogging, I still haven't figure out how a web directory works. I mean I submitted my blogs from one directory after another, and yet I really don't see any proof of its effect. Or am I really doing something wrong in submission in these directories?

I know, some of you may think that it is fairly easy submitting to these directories, in fact I have submitted all my blogs, I think. And I was really glad there was even a business web directory where I can submit my business blog - Roysville.

Now, here lies one of my concern. If indeed your blog picked up steam and it gets hits like crazy, where do you attribute such feat? From these web directories or from your really good writing style. Of course, I would personally think of the latter.

Truth to tell, after going to the directory submission sites and submitted your blog, chances are you really forget about and go on with your life. You continue to write in your blogs, posting articles that you think your readers would appreciate, or make passers-by take a second-look and make them stay for a while.

Because that, I believe, is really what you should do - develop your writing skills, find your writing style that your readers can identify you with. While not really wanting to be the best in your category, it would be a nice feeling if you would be considered an authority in your niche.

Web directories are a good tool to help you get the word out on your blog, but it is your writing style that can really make submission to these sites have an effect on your blog's performance. So submit, if you wish... but commit that you will work hard to build your blog so readers will come to you... and stay.

No comments: