Saturday, November 22, 2008

Do they really have to count the days?

I hate it when they do that! Why do they have to count the days 'til Christmas? As if counting it will make any difference... it will come, whether we like it or not.

Whether I like it or not.

Suddenly, I'm the new Mr. Scrooge of Christmas.

No, not really. Honestly, it really doesn't make any difference to me anyway, whether it's Christmas or not. I just don't care.

I don't think I need to explain, do I?

Sure, go ahead with your celebrations. I don't forbid you. I don't have that right. In fact, if you greet me on Christmas, I'll greet you back so as not to dampen your Christmas spirit.

But then again, like I said, it really won't make any difference on my part.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well that's how the christmas spirit goes Sir Roy! but its ok christmas is christmas

Anonymous said...

I too have asked the same question - and Im glad you're brave my friend to "rant" about it. Hehe. As predominantly Christian country, we're supposed to be taught to make everyday a Christmas. But sadly, the younger generations now have equated Christmas to gifts, new clothes, new toys, money - you go everywhere now and you see how its becoming a commercial event.

Anonymous said...

oohhh, i guess that makes me a christmas fanatical then because i count the days before christmas?

hey, cheer up! christmas season is more of the spirit and not about the commercial things in this world. it's all about the family and the happiness it can bring. :)

Anonymous said...

thank you guys for dropping by. I don't really have anything against Christmas nor the Christmas spirit...

but this year, being our first Christmas without my wife, it's just not the same.

thanks again.

Anonymous said...

visitin' here!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Roy - I think I am with you in this thought. I have made my family realize that Christmas should be observed daily. I buy them gifts not on special occasion but when I thought they would need it.